New Hampshire Fair Housing Laws
In New Hampshire landlords cannot discriminate against tenants based on the following:
- -It is unlawful to refuse to rent after the making of a bona fide offer, to refuse to negotiate for the sale or rental of, or otherwise to make unavailable or deny a dwelling to any tenant because of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, familial status, or religion.
- -It is unlawful to discriminate against any tenant in the terms, conditions, or privileges of rental of a dwelling, or in the provision of services or facilities in connection therewith, because of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, familial status, or religion.
- -It is unlawful to make, print, or publish, or cause to be made, printed, or published, any notice, statement, or advertisement with respect to the rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, familial status, or religion or an intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination.
- -It is unlawful to represent to any tenant because of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, familial status, or religion that any dwelling is not available for rent when such dwelling is in fact so available.
- -It is unlawful, for profit, to induce or attempt to induce any tenant to rent any dwelling by a representation regarding the entry or prospective entry into the neighborhood of a person or persons of a particular race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, familial status, or religion.
- -It is unlawful to discriminate in the rental of, or to otherwise make unavailable or deny, a dwelling to any buyer or renter because of a handicap.
- -It is unlawful to evict a tenant solely on the grounds that the person has acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or is regarded to have acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
For more information about New Hampshire Fair Housing Laws please go to:http://gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxi/354-a/354-a-mrg.htm
Use Houserie for all your tenant screening needs!
Houserie's online tenant screening process offers you everything you need to complete tenant background checks on prospective renters. With our Pay-As- You-Go-System, there's no set-up fee and no monthly membership. Simply choose the tenant screening package that meets your specific needs, our fully automated system will do the rest.
|SCREENING PACKAGES AVAILABLE||Basic $19.95||Premier $24.95||Ultimate $29.95|
Social Security Number Trace
National Criminal and Sex offender Search
National Eviction Search
Quick Tenant Credit Score Card
The information contained in this site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. The application and impact of laws can vary widely based on the specific facts involved. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this site, even though we have made every attempt to ensure that the information in this site has been obtained from reliable sources. Accordingly, the information on this site is provided "as is," with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with an attorney. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create any attorney-client relationship between any employees of Houserie and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of Houserie or any individual employee. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult an attorney.